WOW. . .those screenshots of 3.1Alpha are fantastic

antialias vukman at mail.dk
Sat Jul 13 04:55:07 BST 2002

On Friday 12 July 2002 08:30 pm, daniel wrote:
> | Because it's easier to write something like that from scratch, than to
> | port it from a different set of libraries, data strunctures and computer
> | languages.
>
> oic
> like i said, i'm still a newbie and from my end it looked pretty
> simplistic.

It is not as simple as you think. Do some research.

>i get it now though.  i would then like to throw in my two
> cents on terry's side and suggest that more focus be put on stability
> rather than features.

Hm, it is amazing, but I find KDE alpha releases more stable than some other
'stable' projects.

> a pretty file manager that explodes repeatedly, while
> remaining quite attractive is still more frustrating that a not-so-pretty
> file manager that never blows up.

Konqueror is not only a file manager, and you probably mean Konqi sometimes
blows up as a browser. Yes, it does, and things are mainly related to java &
flash web-sites. Go and get those sites validated and you will see results.
Yes, I've tried Mozilla and IMHO :

1. it is bloated,
2. it takes ages to start it,
3. handling bookmarks is pain in the a...
4. zooming is terribly solved (something like Internet Explorer),
5. ftp browsing is awful,
6. file dialog is shit,
7. it doesn't have antialiased fonts,
8. it is not a file browser,
9. you can't configure its toolbars,
10. etc., etc.

> thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into
> action is the most difficult thing in the world.
>  - johann wolfgang von goethe

Thinking is not easy, acting without thinking is easy, and to put one's action
into thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world.

antialias