Address book not working in KDE 3.0.0

Hairysocks hairysocks at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 00:44:59 BST 2002

 --- Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> wrote: > -----BEGIN PGP
SIGNED MESSAGE-----

> Hairysocks wrote:
> > I have recently installed KDE 3.0.0 from the source files
> and
> > when I try and open the address book from kmail it doesn't
> > appear. My address book is still there because I can click
> the
> > ".." buttons next to the To, CC and BCC boxes in a new
> message
> > and the list of my contacts appears.
> >
> > How do I fix this?
>
> Can you start KAddressbook? If not, then you probably didn't
> install it.
> It's part of kdebase.
>
> Try running KMail from Konsole and have a look for suspicious
> error
> messages (if you compiled KDE with --disable-debug then you
> have to
> recompile it with --enable-debug to get debug messages).
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

Kmail loads ok with no errors, but kaddressbook gives this
error:

kaddressbook: error while loading shared libraries: libkab.so.3:
cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

This is like the other message I get when trying to load kedit
from the command line - but there I can load it via the "Start
Application" menu. With kaddressbook the menu option won't work
either.