lock workstation not responding

Mariusz Pekala skoot at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Jul 5 22:58:36 BST 2002

> Pupeno wrote:
> > I'm running KDE from cvs head and I have this proble.
> > When I lock the workstation there's no way I can unlock it, I'm sure I
> > didn't misstype my password, but it always says it's wrong.
> > What's going on ? what can I do ?
>
> Maybe you didn't compile kdebase with --with-shadow but your system uses
> shadow passwords.

Maybe you have a very long password? Maybe you use 'strange' characters in the
password: ", . < > ? / - = +" ?
I had similiar problem in KDE 2.2.1... Now I just don't use KDE locking.
What to do? You may try to switch to a virtual console, login and kill a
process that locks the workstation... I suppose. :-)