Donations in kde bug tracking system

Shane Wright me at shanewright.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 22:07:05 BST 2002

Hi

I like that idea - a nice and apprachable extension to the 'if you want it
done, pay a developer to do it' kind of philosophy.

IMHO though it should be independent of bugs.kde.org and just be a place where
people can request features or fixes or whatever, and developers can sign up
for the job.

I'd use it - I'm using the time I have to contribute to KDE, but I'd also be
happy to pay people to do the things that I don't have time to do or am not
capable of doing yet.

I think it can only have the effect of encouraging more people to spend more
time developing KDE - and that can never be a bad thing.

Cheers

Shane

- --
Shane