Shell Options

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at agere.com
Wed Jul 3 11:55:02 BST 2002

Its not quite what you wanted, but you could change your script to wait
for a key press before it exits. Or you could write another script that
takes a command line which it executes and then waits for a key press...

#!/bin/sh
$*
read a

...would do it (you could put an echo "press any key to exit" before the
read a).

If you called the above script "exitwait", you can then run "exitwait
echo hello" for example.

Nick.