Kmail and GnuPG

Conor McTernan conor-kdelist at screwthedean.com
Tue Jul 2 22:26:35 BST 2002

On Monday 01 July 2002 20:32, cryptopia wrote:
> On Monday 01 July 2002 06:20 am, Conor McTernan wrote:
> > The problem seems to be occurring when I try to set up Kmail to sign or
> > encrypt any mails for me. I understand that I should not be able to
> > encrypt a mail unless I have the public key of the person I am mailing,
> > and since I'm just starting out at this, I have no keys. So I've been
> > trying to sign my mails, but the icon to sign a message is never active.
>
> You must choose an identity in
> Settings > Configure KMail > Advanced (tab) > OpenPGP (select your key).

I have tried to do this, but it still does not work.

My GnuPG identity is specified as: "Conor McTernan
<conor at screwthedean.nospam.com>"

So in Kmail I have created an identity called Conor McTernan
<conor at screwthedean.nospam.com> and in this identity I have specified my name
to be again "Conor McTernan" and my email to be
"conor at screwthedean.nospam.com'. Once I have set this identity, I go into the
Advanced Tab in the identity section and attempt to select an OpenPGP key,
but  when the dialogue appears, there are no keys present.

If I execute "gpg --list-keys" I get a number of keys that I have added, but
none of them appear in Kmail.

Sorry if I'm doing something stupid here, but does anyone have any ideas on
it?

Conor