FTP problems with Knoqueror

Tim cyberlord at cyberlord.net.dhis.org
Mon Jul 1 23:57:01 BST 2002

I just did a clean install of FreeBSD 4.6 RELEASE and KDE 3.0_1.

I run a local network behind a router that is my gateway. This worked in the
past with 4.5 RELEASE and KDE 2.2, I just through it in as part of my
configuration.

What is happening to me is any FTP connection thru KDE (Netscape and FreeBSD's
FTP shell client work fine) gives me a connection error.

Trying to make a port, during the fetch phase, I get connection refused on all
trys to the ftp sites. Of course I have not tried all ports, but all the
ports I have tried have ended in the same error. This is using Konq with the
terminal emulator option. Running from konsole shell in the ports directory I
am installing works fine too. Just using Konq with the terminal emulator
gives me connection refused errors.

When I try to connect to ftp with konqueror I get "An error occured while
ftp:// syntax.. :)

Do I have to set up an anomymous ftp login somewhere and use my e-mail
address? I didn't have to in Konq 2.2.

I just tried to install gimp-1.2.3 from the ports using Konq and terminal
emulation and it didn't work, but it installed fine from konsole in like 30
seconds! Including fetching and installing the dependencies.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim