changing fonts in the window title bar

gabriel the.angel.gabriel at rogers.com
Mon Dec 9 02:23:49 GMT 2002

On December 7, 2002 06:05 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> gabriel wrote:
> >>Are the files in the selected directory?
> >
> > yep, i just checked.  morpheus.ttf is in
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype/. that's just one of a bunch i've
> > installed, so what do i have to do next?
>
> I assume that you have other TrueType fonts in that directory that work.
>   That, therefore, this directory is properly listed in XF86Config &
> XftConfig.
>
> You might check in the: "fonts.dir" file in that directory and see if it
> is listed.
>
> I suspect that it won't be listed.
>
> X does not know of a fonts existence unless there is a line in a:
> "fonts.dir" file in one of the directories listed in XF86Config or
> provided to it by a font server.

turns out that my problems rest with none of the above.  my problem was that i
was installing the fonts from a mounted windows partition, and since that
partition was mounted with a umask of 007, the files were being installed
with permissions of 770.  since the ower and group was root, the fonts didn't
install.  maybe this could serve as an example to suggest an adjustment to
the font installer, setting the file permissions to 644?

--
we cook your food
we haul your trash