KEdit problem?

David Rosenstrauch david.rosenstrauch at aleri.com
Tue Dec 3 15:15:54 GMT 2002

Hi.  Started using KDE a month or 2 ago and love it!  Haven't looked back!

Have been having a small, slightly irritating problem with KEdit lately,
though, and was hoping someone could help out.

I've been finding that if I, say, click on a text file in Konqueror, KEdit
will get launched and open that text file, but it will open up in the wrong
desktop.  i.e., if I do the launch from desktop #2, KEdit will often open in
desktop #1.

I also see additional problems with this:  if I then move KEdit to the right
desktop, KEdit's dialog boxes (e.g., the "do you want to save changes?
(yes/no/cancel)" dialog) will pop up in a different desktop.

And sometimes also, KEdit starts up with an extremely small window, which I
have to resize.

The "Save Settings" menu option isn't solving the problem (and might even be
making it worse).

I'm running KDE 3.0.4 (0.73.1) on RedHat 7.3.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

TIA!

DR