KWord and Word XP documents

Brad Potts pbrad at cinci.rr.com
Fri Aug 30 22:18:08 BST 2002

> It is recommanded to save Office XP created document in Word97 format for
> backward compatibility even if you're not planning to use it later on a
> linux. You did that right? :)

This is news to me.  I just click file--->save and am done with it.  :-)
Tried doing "save as" in office XP and choosing "World 97-2002 & 6.0/95 - RTF
(*.doc)" which was the only option regarding Word 97.  I then tried to open
it in KWord and it's still not showing up in the "open file" dialog box with
"all supported files" being listed.  Sigh.....

Thanks,
D.J.