KWord and Word XP documents

Fri Aug 30 21:55:04 BST 2002

Le Vendredi 30 Août 2002 22:39, Brad Potts a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm just trying to open a simple Microsoft Word file (created from Office
XP)
It is recommanded to save Office XP created document in Word97 format for
backward compatibility even if you're not planning to use it later on a
linux. You did that right? :)

> that I would like to edit in KWord.  When I click file---->open in KWord and
> then navagate to where my file is, it won't even show it as a supported
> filetype but it says "microsoft word" underneith filters so I'm wondering
why
> it's not working.  I'm using KOffice 1.1.1
For the status of word97 filter :
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/koffice/filters/olefilters/winword97/status.html?content-type=text/html#import