kmail annoyance

Darrell Esau Darrell.Esau at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 28 23:03:46 BST 2002

I know this is a very small problem.. but it can be rather annoying, and I
just cannot believe that there's not a way to fix this....

I'm been using KMail for quite some time now.. and for as long as I can
remember (KDE 1.1.x), KMail has done this.

When replying to a message, the mail is pre-populated with the header and
quoted text, in the form:

==============
On Wednesday 28 August 2002 02:30 pm, Joe User wrote:
> Hello,
> Blah, Blah Blah

Now.. this all seems fine (and it is), except for the placement of the cursor.

It puts the cursor at the beginning of line 2 (> Hello,).

So..every time I have to hit the up arrow a couple of times, then hit return a
couple of times, then hit the up arrow a couple of times.

Is there any to fix this?  Is this configurable somehow?

Thanks,