Help!! problems in setting up XDMCP server with kdm

Deepak Chawla dchawla at cse.unl.edu
Mon Aug 26 08:40:16 BST 2002

Hey, thanks for responding.. :)
I hope distro means distribution (I'm a little lame at jargons :) )
I'm using RedHat 7.3, and my kde version is 3.0.0-10.
The only difference between my settings ( of kdmrc ) and yours seems to be
the Key-File which I don't have in my /usr/share/config/kdm directory. Can I
just add the line in the Xaccess without the file actually there ? What is
it used for ?
Here is the complicated file/directory structure of the kdm config files on
my box
/usr/share/config/kdm -> ../../../etc/kde/kdm

/etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc -> ../../X11/xdm/kdmrc
/etc/kde/kdm/kdmsts
/etc/kde/kdm/Xaccess -> ../../X11/xdm/Xaccess
/etc/kde/kdm/Xreset
/etc/kde/kdm/Xservers -> ../../X11/xdm/Xservers
/etc/kde/kdm/Xsession -> ../../X11/xdm/Xsession
/etc/kde/kdm/Xsetup -> ../../X11/xdm/Xsetup_0
/etc/kde/kdm/Xstartup
/etc/kde/kdm/Xwilling -> ../../X11/xdm/Xwilling

and the files in /etc/X11/xdm are "actual" files.

I switch back and forth from runlevel 5 to runlevel 3 to get the Xserver/xdm
down and then up again.
thanks again for helping out.
deepak