Prob with configure kdebase

Sean McGlynn sean at tmiau.com
Sat Aug 24 16:24:26 BST 2002

On Friday 23 August 2002 15:26, Peter Schorer wrote:
> hallo

Hello Peter,

> since two weeks have problems to configure kdebase. Configure gives the
> following output:
> ----
> checking for getpeereid... no
> checking for xmkmf... /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf
> checking various X settings... failed
> configure: error: /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf (imake) failed.
> Make sure you have all necessary X development packages installed.

Can you post the error messages from the bottom of the config.log file please.

> When i try xmkmf the result is:
> -------
> bash-2.04# /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf
> imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
> imake: No such file or directory
> imake: No description file.
>   Stop.

That's what I get on my system too. It's because you need to run the xmkmf
command in the directory that contains the Imakefile to be processed by it.
Posting the config.log error messages should narrow down the problem.

Don't forget to remove config.cache the next time you run configure.

Cheers,
Sean
--
Sean McGlynn