Prob with configure kdebase

Peter Schorer peter.schorer at schorer.net
Fri Aug 23 15:26:46 BST 2002

hallo

since two weeks have problems to configure kdebase. Configure gives the
following output:
----
checking for getpeereid... no
checking for xmkmf... /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf
checking various X settings... failed
configure: error: /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf (imake) failed.
Make sure you have all necessary X development packages installed.
-----
When i try xmkmf the result is:
-------
bash-2.04# /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
imake: No such file or directory
imake: No description file.
  Stop.
Seems on my system something is broken, but i can't find it. X with all devs
should be installed.

Can someone give me an idee what's checked by imake what libs are necessary.
The distri was originally SuSE 7.1, but meantime a lot of soft is direct
compiled.

Regards

--
Peter Schorer