Can't get Thiz Dialup to recognized Modem

James Lawrence geos52 at ev1.net
Thu Aug 22 16:01:06 BST 2002

James,

   Thank you very much for your help. I will test out your approach with
help from my UNIX colleague. I am almost certain I am dialing out using
the terminal window which runs in UNIX and uses wvdial because I get
messages back from the modem like "Carrier detected" and then "PPP
negotiation detected" and then "Start ppd" and then "PPP daemon has
died! (exit code=19)". It hangs up and tries again.  How do I get on the
KDE-Linux list? Much thanks again!

Jim Lawrence
geos52 at ev1.net