Stopping KPPP from disconnecting on logout

spu spu at faith4miracle.org
Wed Aug 21 15:41:40 BST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 05:03, Derek Fountain wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 August 2002 10:34 am, David Findlay wrote:
> > I've got a friend on Redhat 7.3. He wants to know if there's a way to stop
> > the KPPP connection from dropping out when he logs out? At the moment
> > whenever he logs out it drops the connection. Thanks,
>
> Isn't there a config switch to make it not drop the connection when the X
> server exits? Won't that do what he wants?

Hello, everybody :)
   I am on a dial-up box right now, and in reference to the above
mentioned comment, if you type in a terminal window, "kppp > setupt >
Misc." there is a box named "Disconnect on X-server shutdown"  I have
tried this option on a few occasions, and on my machine anyway, it
doesn't work :(  I hope someone has an answer to this, because I want to
know it, too :)

Steven P. Ulrick