Flash and Shockwave Flash

daniel dan at netgenetix.com
Mon Aug 5 22:03:01 BST 2002

> 2) - What is the difference between Flash and Shockwave flash. I realise
this
> is not _really_ a kde topic but it goes with the previous question.

flash is a vector animation program designed explicitly for the web.  it
involves simple scripting (actionscript) and primarily designed for web
interfaces and intros.

shockwave is an adaptation of macromedia's director executables to web
format.  it doesn't do vectors as well as flash, but supports a more
powerful scripting engine (lingo) that allows for "cooler stuff".
shockwave, due to it's stronger code base is used more often for complex
things, like games etc.