Starting Konquerer automatically on 4 separate desktops.

Steve Barlow Steve.Barlow at amaral.com
Wed Apr 24 15:41:42 BST 2002

Hi Kevin,

Yes, the common terminology is the catch with XIG's Xserver. When you install the Xserver you give it information about the monitors and keyboards and it creates a configuration for each monitor and calls it a "Desktop". These differ from the KDE Desktop in that each is driving a specific monitor but they all display the KDE Desktop1 intially.

I'm assuming that the kstart option '--destktop' will not have the same effect here. I'm also assuming that I can use the command in a login startup file .i.e
   /.konqstartrc - or something along those lines. I'm hoping to find out if KDE requires the startup filename to be anything specific. Does this help?

Unfortunately I'm not on site to try this right now. I'm hoping the list can help me with it.

Thanks again Kevin.

Steve