Kmail filter on, er, squiggles

akar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 12 05:17:40 BST 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 04:29, Derek Fountain wrote:
> Is there some simple way I can filter these away using Kmail's filters?

Part of the beauty of kde3/qt3 is that you dont get this anymore.
If you set up qtconfig so that it can get substitute fonts with the right
glyphs for any that your chosen default font doesnt contain then you will see
all through kde things like that magically turn into different languages.

I must say I was impressed the first time I saw kmail transform all that
illegible garbage into posts in arabic, hebrew, chinese, japanese etc all in
the same list....

I think James (JRT) once mentioned a ttf that contained multiple language
glyphs. If so, that would be a perfect choice to use as the substitute font
instead of using a list.

So the posts are still meaningless to me but at least now they are human.

--
regards,

andrew