KDE3.0 anti-aliassing out the window - getting desparate

bk390934 bk390934 at skynet.be
Mon Apr 8 21:43:19 BST 2002

On Monday 08 April 2002 22:06, roger miliker wrote:

> Maybe the readme at the ftp-directory:

This is what it says in the README:

"These rpms are compiled against the original base packages from the
distribution. We do not provide newer base packages, since this would break
other non-KDE applications. However, this leads to some missing features for
older distributions:

* Xft (font anti aliasing) is only known to work properly with XFree 4.2.0
SuSE 7.3 rpms have anyway X render support (compiled against the original
XFree 4.1.0 from the distribution), but it is recommended to disable it
(default),  to avoid segmentation faults."

So I guess you're right. I'm going to give the rpms for SuSE 7.3 a try, see if
that works on a 7.1 (or what's left of it) as well.