Wallpaper images not displaying

Darrin Smith drs at pepg.net
Mon Apr 8 14:28:40 BST 2002

On Friday 05 April 2002 08:11 pm, Albert Schueller wrote:

> I'm having the same problem on a freshly compiled kde3 final.  I'm not
> sure that KDEDIR matters.  If you "browse" to the image you want, it
> shouldn't matter what your KDEDIR is.  Chances are it's set properly any
> way because kde won't run otherwise.  Furthermore, I know mine is set
> properly and it's not working.  At first I thought it might be a problem
> with jpg support, but konqueror can display jpgs just fine.  If one kde
> app can do it, shouldn't they all be able to do it?
>
> Ideas anyone?

I finally got my jpeg displays to work.  From the repsonses that I saw on this
list, I figured it had something to do with qt.  I had previously upgraded to
qt3.0.3 and figured I may have left something from a previous qt around.
Come to find out I was setting QT variables in my .profile directory to a
place that didn't exist.  Once I removed these variables, KDE3 ran
flawlessly.  Consequently, there were other small problems that kept occuring
along with the jpg displays.

It might be something to look into if anyone else is having this problem.