startkde errors

Sean McGlynn sean at tmiau.com
Mon Apr 8 03:46:52 BST 2002

On Sunday 07 April 2002 20:12, Stuart Matheson wrote:
> I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this problem.. When I try to
> start kde, I get these message:
>
> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = kded path = <unknown> pid = 225
>
> Followed by the usually DCOP communication errors.
> I'm assuming an environment variable is not set, I have:
>
> QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
> KDEDIR=/usr/local/kde
>
> Which are correct.
>
> Help?
Hello Stuart,

Just for starters, can you (as root) delete the /tmp/.ICE-unix directory and
anything in it and then simply create the directory again (with root
ownership). Also, in your usual users home directory, delete anything
beginning with .DCOP and the file .ICEauthority. As you're starting from new,
also delete the .kde directory that may have gotten partially created (just
for the hell of it :-)

Does this make any difference? If not, do you get any different error
messages from your earlier email or do you just get the same?

Cheers,
Sean
--
Sean McGlynn