anti-aliasing and other 3.0 gripes

Caleb Land bokonon at rochester.rr.com
Sun Apr 7 21:42:37 BST 2002

Peter Hutnick wrote:

>Just installed the "official" Red Hat packages of KDE 3.0.
>
>First thing I noticed was that I lost anti-aliasing in the upgrade.  (I
>removed all the old KDE and QT packages and installed the new ones since RPM
>can never get what version is newer than what straight, so I use the term
>"upgrade" loosely.)

I'm using Red Hat 7.2 with all of the updates, and had this happen to
me.   I think you have to mess with your /etc/X11/XftConfig file, or do
what I did an get one from Keith Packard's site:

http://keithp.com/~keithp/fonts/

There is also some fonts there you might want to install.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Caleb Land
(bokonon at rochester.rr.com)