[SLE] kde3 final ... won't start ...

Anthony W. Marino anthony at AWMObjects.com
Thu Apr 4 13:24:19 BST 2002

On Thursday 04 April 2002 03:39 am, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> This is (mildly) disappointing/frustrating/irritating
>
> I just downloaded the kde3 final from suse
> for suse 7.3
>
>     and it refuses to startup (dcopserver errors)

I haven't seen the latest for myself, however, experienced something similar
and was advised of the "startkde" script problem.

Open the "startkde" script in "/opt/kde3/bin/".
Make sure that the following is in the top lines of executable code:

export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
export KDEDIRS=/etc/X11/kde3:/opt/kde3
export KDEMAINDIR=/opt/kde3

[ "$KDEHOME ...