Mandrake KDE3 RPM's. . .

Timothy R Butler kde at uninetsolutions.com
Thu Apr 4 19:35:38 BST 2002

Heya JW,
>   Probably kde at mandrakesoft.com would be a good place, although if you want
> a quick fix for a problem, the best bet is the Cooker mailing list. Let me
> guess, are you having problems with aRts?
>
> Seems like lots of people are - is working for me thankfully.

  Yeah, it had something to do with a patch Mandrake applied to the RPM's. It
caused autoconf to choke, and thus not correctly build aRts. Fortunately,
texstar was nice enough to build new RPMs.

> SuSE 7.3, KDE3, liquid theme.

  Isn't the new Liquid great?

> Yay for the new Kmail :-). Should try noatun

  Yeah, I really like the new KMail's improved "fancy headers" and PGP
information in messages... and maildir support should prove invaluable.

  Noatun looks nice too, it finally has WinAmp skin support! Yay! :-D

  -Tim