Mandrake KDE3 RPM's. . .

Frank Baumeister haga.chan at web.de
Thu Apr 4 10:09:34 BST 2002

On Thursday 04 April 2002 07:13, Terry wrote:
> Thanks for the info Tim. No I haven't even got to the sound problem
> yet.  I'm not happy that the Keramik style was not included

:-(

> and menu transparency is grayed out in Kcontrol.  That kills the two
> best eye-candies for this release
>
> : (  Is this a libs issue?  If so, would I totally muck myself if I
> : d/l

Ok. I think you are not able to use menu transparency, because your
~.qt/kstylerc includes the line

MenuTransparencyEngine=Disabled

Change that line to

MenuTransparencyEngine=XRender

and restart KDE. You can set the opacity from the control center or
you can do it by hand - just edit kstylerc.

Regards
Frank