Homepage for KGeoTag

Tobias Leupold tl at l3u.de
Sat Aug 28 16:18:26 BST 2021

Hi Carl!

> You can add release announcement in your appstream data. This is done for
> example in NeoChat: https://apps.kde.org/neochat/.

Okay, I didn't know that. However, if I _can_ get a "real" (small) homepage
for KGeoTag, I'd take it. I think neither a GitLab page, nor some aggregated
page generated from program metadata is a "real" homepage ...

> Note that we recently switched to use Hugo instead of Jekyll for the last
> few websites, since Hugo makes it possible to translate the website.

Does this mean I _can_ use Hugo by now or does it mean I _have to_ use Hugo?!

After a quite rough start I had with Jekyll (I neither had ever anything to do
with Ruby, nor with Liquid ...), I must say that by now that I really love it!
It's really cool, I even started to write Ruby stuff to get custom Liquid
tags, and I meanwhile translated all the websites I take care of from custom-
hacked PHP stuff to Jekyll (and two of them were/are quite complex).

So I'd love to keep on using Jekyll ...

I mean, the KGeoTag site will be a small one. Mostly a bit of description,
information, and some blog posts. I'm pretty sure I can do this in Hugo as
well. But I'd stick to Jekyll however for now if I have the choice.

So ... what about Jekyll?!

Cheers, Tobias