Homepage for KGeoTag

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Sat Aug 28 14:22:57 BST 2021

Le vendredi 27 août 2021 à 11:14 PM, Tobias Leupold <tl at l3u.de> a écrit :

Merging multiple emails :D

> Yeah, I saw that. I also feeded the appdata.xml with the IRC channel and
> mailing list. But there's no way to display e. g. a release announcement or
> some news post there.

You can add release announcement in your appstream data. This is done for
example in NeoChat: https://apps.kde.org/neochat/.

See the release tag: https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/docs/chap-Metadata.html#tag-releases
not everything is supported but adding support for additional tags is easy.
Maybe it's enough for your need.

> Seems like the documentation that can be found on
> https://invent.kde.org/websites/jekyll-kde-theme
> contains a complete "How to setup a new KDE themed homepage". That should be
> easily adoptable as soon as the git repository with a proper build hook, the
> zonefile entry and the webspace are set up.
>
> If not, I'll ask for help here, but this looks good!

Note that we recently switched to use Hugo instead of Jekyll for the last
few websites, since Hugo makes it possible to translate the website.

We have a bit of documentation for that here: https://invent.kde.org/websites/aether-sass/-/wikis/Hugo
and as a starting point I would recommend looking into the Okular website:
https://invent.kde.org/websites/okular-kde-org. Clone the repo, delete content-trans,
all the yaml file inside i18n/ but en.yaml as well as all the translations inside
config.yaml and you should be all set to start working on your website.

If you already started with your Jekyll website continue with it and I could
look into converting it to Hugo when I got some time. It's generally quick and
I also need to do it at some point for kpa :D

Cheers,
Carl