No access to TechBase because of Cloudflare something

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Oct 29 08:01:25 GMT 2020

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 12:23 AM David Hurka <david.hurka at mailbox.org>
wrote:

> Hi Ben,

Hi David,

> > Please provide the name and a link to the page in question that you are
> > trying to edit.
>
> I was trying to edit https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/
> Using_KConfig_Files
>
> > If you could also provide details on the change you are trying to make
> that
> > would be appreciated.
>
> I am trying to replace the current content by another version I have
> prepared
> locally. However, when this problem occured, I have only formatted the
> {{TutorialBrowser}} template.
>
> I clicked on “Show Preview” below the editing area.
>
> > I've attempted to locate this particular incident using the Cloudflare
> Ray
> > ID you've provided, but unfortunately it must have either expired or be
> > missing characters as i've not been able to locate it using that ID.
>
> This is a “select all” of the page I see:
>
> > Sorry, you have been blocked
> > You are unable to access kde.org
> > Why have I been blocked?
> > This website is using a security service [...]
> >
> > What can I do to resolve this?
> > You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. [...]
> >
> > Cloudflare Ray ID: 5e94403978590ebb • Your IP: 37.138.99.134
> > • Performance & security by Cloudflare

Thanks for that information, i've now located the event in question:

Rule ID - 100173
Rule message - XSS, HTML Injection - Script Tag
Rule group - Cloudflare Specials

This appears to be a false positive I can readily reproduce without
modifying the page, and have therefore submitted a ticket to Cloudflare.
In the meantime, i've disabled the offending rule which should allow you to
edit the page again.

> Cheers, David

Thanks,
Ben