No access to TechBase because of Cloudflare something

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Oct 28 07:56:11 GMT 2020

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 8:53 PM Carl Schwan <carl at carlschwan.eu> wrote:

> Le mercredi, octobre 28, 2020 8:41 AM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> a
> écrit :
>
> > On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 6:57 AM David Hurka <david.hurka at mailbox.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> >
> > Hi David,
> >

> > > since today I seem to be unable to edit pages on TechBase. When I
> click the
> > > “Show Preview” button, I am redirected to a page saying:

> > Please provide the name and a link to the page in question that you are
> trying to edit.
> > If you could also provide details on the change you are trying to make
> that would be appreciated.
> >
> > I've attempted to locate this particular incident using the Cloudflare
> Ray ID you've provided, but unfortunately it must have either expired or be
> missing characters as i've not been able to locate it using that ID.
>
> I was affected by this 'bug' yesterday too in the community wiki editing
> https://community.kde.org/SoK/Ideas/2020. I could reproduce it just now.
>
> The wikis already have a captcha for not trusted users, could we remove
> the cloudflare protection or at least make it less strict?

That requires finding out what rule is being tripped on their side - for
which I need the Ray ID.

The WAF service they provide blocks a substantial amount of harmful traffic
from bots hunting for exploits (that don't exist) which is the main reason
we have it enabled - to block malicious actors (and their automated
armies), not spammers.

> Cheers,
> Carl

Cheers,