Registering at KDF forum fails

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Jun 26 21:52:03 BST 2020

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 11:24 PM <webman at manfbraun.de> wrote:

> Hallo @KDE!

Hi Manfred,

> I am new to KDE and wished to register with the forum, because
> there are strong problems, where I wanted to get help about.
>
> But registration fails - no captcha appears! How can I continue?
>
> BTW, it is policitically higly incorrect, to use a google capchta!

I've taken a look and it appears that you have now managed to complete
the account activation process successfully.

You are correct that KDE Identity (much like our Mailman installation)
is reliant on Google reCAPTCHA at this time.
Unfortunately due to the level of abuse we receive, it is at this time
the only option which is effective against both automated and human
bot spammers who periodically attack our services.

In the near future we are looking at replacing Identity, at which
point a re-evaluation of the situation with regards to CAPTCHA's will
be undertaken.

Should you still be having issues using your Identity account, please
let us know by reaching out to identity-support at kde.org.

> Best regards,
> Manfred

Thanks,