Can't register on identity.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Jul 8 08:51:26 BST 2020

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 7:15 PM <villeneuve at arcor.de> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi there,

> I just tried to register on identity.kde.org but it tells me that my
> e-mail address has already been taken. Yes, I had tried to register with
> that e-mail address several month ago before but I couldn't complete the
> process at the time because of the ridiculous Google reCAPTCHA
> roadblock. KDE as an open source project should absolutely not use that
> evil crap anyway! Please change to another system ASAP!
> Now back to the topic: Please help me to register with my e-mail address
> which is villeneuve at arcor.de as you can see since I'm writing from it
> right now.

I've taken a look at this and can confirm that you have a pending
registration that has not been completed.
You should be receiving a replacement account activation email shortly.

As the CAPTCHA is checked at the initial registration stage and not
the account activation stage, you should not have any issues
completing the activation of your account.

At this time, due to the levels of abuse we experience I'm afraid
Google reCAPTCHA is the only viable option for preventing spammers
from registering and creating a bigger problem for our Community,
although we do intend to look into alternatives in the future.

> I thank you very much for reading and I'm looking forward to hear from you.
>
> Best regards!

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin