Season of KDE 2020

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Dec 7 23:46:30 GMT 2020

El dissabte, 5 de desembre de 2020, a les 14:52:46 CET, Pablo Ignacio Marcos López va escriure:
> Good morning!

Good morning :)

> I am a Computational Biotechnology student at UP Madrid currently doing
> an ERASMUS at INSA Lyon. I have seen that Season of KDE 2020 just
> launched, and I was wondering if someone in the Okular team would be
> interested in taking me as a mentor.
>
> The project I have in mind involves developing a new website for the
> Okular PDF Reader

Okular is not [only] a PDF reader!  Ready the existing website ;)

> , as the current one looks a bit dated and is not
> optimised for mobile. Maybe HUGO would be a good framework to use, as I
> have seen the new kde.org website uses it, and I have some personal
> experience working with it for my personal website, pablomarcos.me.
> Athough I must admit this was done only with a surface level
> understanding of the framework, I would love to learn my way into it, so
> I think this might be an oportunity for personal enrichment as well.
>
> If you are interested, please, dont hesitate in contacting me with your
> requisites.

Personally i quite like the existing page, but that's probably just because i made most of it, my biggest concern is that some/most of the content is outdated, like how to compile poppler from like 10 years ago.

On the other hand it's true that it's probably not very mobile friendly, it's from an age mobile phones didn't exist :D, so that may justify a makeover.

I have no experience with Hugo, so i'd be a terrible mentor ;) Maybe Carl or some other people in the web team (CC'ing kde-www) may be interested in mentoring you if they have time?

Cheers,
  Albert