Future of the dot

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Apr 4 02:27:38 BST 2020

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 1:54 PM Mark Constable <admin at renta.net> wrote:

> Wordpress. The number of people available to help with a technology
> that is widely used is hard to ignore. Google hits comparison...
>
> hugo static site - 48,500,000
> Drupal - 54,700,000
> Wordpress - 2,310,000,000
>
> There are a zillion plugins to provide any kind of functionality and
> for theming just use the free Astra + Elementor combination, and put
> the site on Cloudflare for worldwide exposure.

Just for the record, we already use Cloudflare services to protect the
Dot (on Drupal 7) along with other sites we host.

Hosting wise, Wordpress has been pretty trouble free for us and has
been easy enough to work with (including the various caching plugins)
so is a good candidate here, subject to it being deployed in the
manner we usually deploy it.

> --
> Mark Constable
> 0419 530 037