to kde or not to kde?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Sep 2 10:07:36 BST 2019

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 7:49 PM Russ Irvine <raven.sirius at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Russ,

> For a couple/few months now I've been trying KDE 4.14.26
>
> There have been a load of irritating things. One of the most annoying
> have been the 'help' pages. This is assuming there is any 'help' at
> all. I can hear it being said, 'Well why doesn't this dude pitch in?'

Thanks for your interest in getting involved in KDE!

> Don't ya think that's exactly what I was trying to do? Huh?! As a
> matter of course it was. Which means I have to sign up. Lo and behold:
>
> New sign ups are shut off because of spamming.
>
> From what I can devise the Arch community is better supporting!
>
> I do want to continue with KDE. But if I can't even sign up to become
> a member of the community... do you see where I'm going with this?

Our apologies for this. Just a few days ago we had a severe incident
where a single entity conducted a significant campaign of abuse which
was quite disruptive to development activity. I've now generated a
registration for you, which you should be receiving confirmation for
shortly.

For more information regarding how documentation works in KDE, i'd
recommend asking on the kde-doc-english at kde.org mailing list, where
someone should be able to assist you!

> Please!
>
> Russ Irvine