Please state that kde-www is a public newsletter.

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 22:36:23 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 7:55 AM, Ricard Anufriev
<ricardwork at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The website states: "Design by KDE Webteam." (which is an email)

Hi Ricard,

> I've encountered a bug and wrote to the webteam to help fix a problem. Now
> I've seen that you just publish everything (including my signature (name) as
> well as the email address) openly visible to everybody.
>
> Of course I could have "done the research" and found out that kde-www is not
> a team but a public mailing list, but I didn't. You should add some kind of
> privacy warning or similar disclaimer.

This is reasonably common practice for open source development, which
is conducted on public mailing lists.

> Not sure if it is possible, but if someone could redact my full name and
> mail from this and the previous conversation it would be great. Maybe some
> of the spam crawlers haven't crawled yet.

I'm afraid you will need to contact the various mailing list archives
independently, as we have no control over them.
They are usually pretty good at removing posts when people request it though.

> --
> Ricard Anufriev

Regards,
Ben Cooksley