New user registration is broken.

Ricard Anufriev ricardwork at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:25:01 UTC 2018

I know this is more of a web team and not a sysadmin concern, but:

When I try to register again a big, red warning explained to me how my
attempt has been logged due to its criminal nature and KDE thinks about
taking legal actions against me. Lastly it told me to contact the
sysadmin via email if there was a problem.

Suggestions to fix the problem:
- Replace combo box with a text field (I believe the need for suggested
nick names is rather small compared to people, who want to have the
creative freedom to just input it)
- Change the red warning to something less threatening and add in some
possible solution (i.e. "You are trying to register again. If you are
having a problem, clear the cookies or click here to get a new
activation email."). I think no criminal will stop their attempt just
because they saw a stern warning.
- Don't take legal action against me and  I guess you won't, but this is
the first time I've gotten legal threats by an international
organisation, so maybe I shouldn't take it too lightly.
- Please assure that you are not regarding my attempt to use your site
as an attack and that you won't take legal action against me because of
this "incident".

Cheers,
Ricard Anufriev

--