migration to new WKO website

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Mar 7 11:24:51 UTC 2018

Hi all,

The new www.kde.org website (just www.kde.org, no subdomains for now!) seems
to be almost good to go live, so let's discuss how this can be done in the
most smooth way. We want to iron out remaining issues before the switch and
have the migration go smoothly. This means, anybody who sees problems, please
speak before March 12th up and help fix them!

The new website is being developed under https://www-backstage.kde.org/

Supposedly, we can move the current/old website to www-legacy.kde.org for the
time being after the switch-over so we have something to compare against and
then retire the old site at a later date?

Ben, would that strategy work, do you think? Anything we need to keep in mind?

Haris, same question. :) What needs to happen from your side before we're
ready to switch?

Also, the new site is done using wordpress, we have a few people who need
access here so we can update bits and pieces. I'm thinking of release
managers, marketing / promo, at the very least. Others that I didn't think of
yet? Perhaps we could look at the list of people who have svn access to kde-
www right now and pick from that group. I guess some accounts with www commit
bit are outdated, probably a decent opportunity to weed this list out anyway?
I'll send a separate email to release-team and kde-promo asking for people to
raise hands for WKO access. CC: will go to this list.

Anything else?
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org