New bugzilla theme idea for bugs.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Jan 27 19:48:24 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Daniele "Mte90" Scasciafratte
<mte90net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,

Hi Daniele,

> I don't know the styleguide, so mine was an experiment after the discovering
> that bugs.kde.org is using the default theme of bugzilla (I wasn't opening
> the site from a while).
>
> After a little chat with Elvis Angelaccio he suggested me to try and give to
> me few links.
>
> I was remembering the old one
> (https://web.archive.org/web/20161003130313/https://bugs.kde.org/) so after
> the discovery of new theme of Mozilla Bugzilla
> (http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/), I said maybe is cool also for KDE.
>
> I saw the old theme code on https://cgit.kde.org/websites/bugs-kde-org.git/
> and the new (by Mozilla) on https://github.com/mozilla-bteam/bmo (that is
> not complete).
>
> I was new also on bugzilla (that is quite complicated compared to other web
> CMS for development) so I done few commits
> (https://github.com/Mte90/kde-quantum) and you can see a screenshot
> https://screenshots.firefox.com/8MYEp3x1T8mxjW8J/bmo-web.vm
>
> I used that project only because it was using vagrant (very easy to scratch
> with that) and trying to maintain the Mozilla quantum style of
> https://twitter.com/BugzillaUX project, because (on my opinion) is very
> modern than the usual one (and is not yet finished).
>
> Also I found old emails on the mailing lists (i don't remember where) about
> the problem of maintaining a theme without so many help or effort.
>
> So maybe using the Mozilla new version (in development) as base can simplify
> for the future, but again I don't know the styleguide of KDE so it was an
> experiment (very simple) to see what I can do.

Thanks for posting this. The screenshot definitely looks more 'KDE' in
comparison to the current theme.
If you're happy to maintain such a theme going forward into the future
we could definitely look at deploying that - a proactive maintainer
who keeps on top of compatibility is really the biggest issue here.

> Ciao to everybody!

Cheers,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin