KDE Userbase login failure via Phabricator for driesmeeus/YsT

YsUU yvo.dries at village.uunet.be
Tue Aug 29 09:42:56 UTC 2017

Dear KDE Administrator,

I have also described my case in thread https:// <https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=139665> forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=139665, where the original poster’s entry is back from March this year, somebody else’s posting for the same issue was added in June, and my posting is third and last thus far.

Clear enough my attempt to obtain a working KDE Userbase login has failed. I am now in the following situation, as also described identically in the forementioned forum thread.
----------

“KDE Userbase login is broken”

=> Same major malfunction for me, in the following four-step scenario. :::

--1:--------
https://userbase.kde.org/Welcome_to_KDE_UserBase
Personal tools ::
Login with Phabricator => :::

--2:--------
https://phabricator.kde.org/oauthserver/auth/?scopes%5B0%5D=whoami&scopes%5B1etc.
Home – Phabricator – No messages. No notifications. ||| Search []
Authenticate: KDE UserBase Wiki
This application ("KDE UserBase Wiki") is authorized to use your Phabricator credentials.
Continue to complete the authentication workflow.
[[ Continue to Application ]] => :::

--3:--------
https://userbase.kde.org/Special:PhabricatorLogin/callback?code=etc. :::
KDE UserBase Wiki
Special page
Login with Phabricator
Please enter your preferred username, or choose an existing user to connect to your Phabricator account :::
( ) Login to existing (local) account
(▪) New Wiki Display Name
Perhaps a weird thing here is that my existing (local) account is auto-filled in, whereas "New Wiki Display Name" is the pre-selected radio button.
So I change the situation to (while keeping my local name filled in)  :::
(▪) Login to existing (local) account
( ) New Wiki Display Name
[[ Login ]] => :::

--4:--------
https://userbase.kde.org/Special:PhabricatorLogin/finish
which unfortunately remains sitting empty in Firefox (v55) forever.
Clear enough I don't get logged in to Userbase; I just don't make it that far.
----------

In “3:” hereabove if I choose “New” and use my pre-filled username, the result is “This account already exists. Please go back and choose a different option.”

Entering a different username results in “Database error. A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software.”

Whereas an almost exact same scenario works out perfectly on KDE Community Wiki as well as TechBase.

Can anything be done to make my local account “YsT” (no quotes) work on userbase.kde.org ? My KDE identity name is “driesmeeus” (no quotes).

Or would you advice me to create another KDE identity an try again from there ?

Many thanks for any answer.

-Yvo- (writing from Belgium)

yvo.dries at village.uunet.be

==