drupal and releases

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Apr 3 20:27:30 UTC 2017

El dijous, 30 de març de 2017, a les 23:17:09 CEST, Ken Vermette va escriure:
> Can you give specific examples of where things are automated, or give a
> run-down of the current workflow so I know the exact process as it is?
>
> Depending on what is done, we have options.
>
> The option I like the least would be to have a Drupal module which imports
> PHP documents and simply acts as a "capacity emulator"; this is likely what
> will be done for release archives, but it would likely "just work" with new
> releases. In this case it would likely be easier than anything you do now,
> as you would only create the announcement page and Drupal would handle
> linking. However, this is not a good long-term solution as we lose out on
> search, more robust translation tools, and the fact that it defeats the
> whole purpose of Drupal.
>
> The option I prefer is to have a form in Drupal - probably via a module -
> which would replace SVN entirely for announcements.
>
> We would not need to re-write whole announcements! I'll say that first! We
> would instead use a module, and build boilerplate content into that module.
> For some forms, such as KDE Applications announcements, it may be as few as
> three fields (an optional free-form content area, the version, and release
> date); from there it would link the announcement appropriately once it's
> the release date, and we could also provide a preview link. We can add more
> optional fields as well, such as links if you aren't comfortable
> auto-generating them. Boilerplate would be automatically translated.

We already have all that, we just use [three different sets of] scripts for it ;)

Yes, it would be interesting to have something more automated and centralized (so we don't have three different sets of scripts ;))

I think David's scripts are at
https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/release-tools.git/tree/create_sources_inc?h=frameworks/5.0#n123

Mine are very crude and not published anywhere.

Cheers,
  Albert