Shutting down https://necessitas.kde.org/ ?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Oct 15 07:36:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Monday 07 September 2015, a les 00:48:11, Albert Astals Cid va escriure:
>> El Dijous, 3 de setembre de 2015, a les 11:56:10, Martin Konold va escriure:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > there are still legitimate users of Qt4 for Android.
>>
>> So? Have you had a look at the page? Are you really saying that whole page
>> with outdated stuff is serving those legitimate users of Qt4 for Android
>> better than a small wiki page on [user/tech/community]base ?
>
> Ok, i see there's no interest from the community in fixing what is in a big
> chunk an outdated webpage.
>
> Sorry for trying to make things better :/

Bogdan, can you respond to the above?
Considering it has been some time since the last release of
Necessitas, perhaps we need to look at winding down the public part of
it and leave only the client binary serving online at this stage?

As Qt 4 is being end of lifed by Qt Project, I don't anticipate any
new development using it - and from what I understand, newer versions
of Android break how Ministro works (which will break Necessitas for
Qt 4 completely I suspect?)

> Albert

Cheers,
Ben