Long Term / KDE.org Design Update

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Thu Mar 19 07:15:22 UTC 2015

Hey Ken,

Am Mittwoch, 18. März 2015, 16:53:57 schrieb Ken Vermette:
> Hello Everyone;
>
> My name is Ken Vermette, I'm a member of the VDG and by trade a web
> designer/developer. We're interested in modernising the kde.org websites
> and getting the ball rolling on better unifying the sites as a whole. I'm
> personally willing (and expecting) to invest the time and programming
> effort required to do this. I know it's obvious, but we'd also like to work
> closely with the web team.

That sounds quite good.

> It's a huge undertaking and we know it will easily take years to finish all
> the sites; we would like to know we aren't stepping on toes, duplicating
> existing efforts, etc. Before any of that we need the green-light from
> here, and would also like to invite web-team participation in building a
> maintainable and more universal kde.org network.

I was once starting to implement the design mockup that came out of the thread
about revisiting the okular website
(https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=123233), but then i got busy in
real life and considering i was doing it alone i did not see much motivation
in it for the time being. Seeing the VDG stepping up might give this a
motivation boost :P

We have built some resources that would make it a bit easier to make themes
for most of the software that is in use.

There is a lot to consider/share, so if you want to talk about it, feel free
to give me time and date, so we can have a chat via irc or something.

> Thank you, and great work;
>  - Ken Vermette

Cheerio,
--