Long Term / KDE.org Design Update

Ken Vermette vermette at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 20:53:57 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone;

My name is Ken Vermette, I'm a member of the VDG and by trade a web
designer/developer. We're interested in modernising the kde.org websites
and getting the ball rolling on better unifying the sites as a whole. I'm
personally willing (and expecting) to invest the time and programming
effort required to do this. I know it's obvious, but we'd also like to work
closely with the web team.

It's a huge undertaking and we know it will easily take years to finish all
the sites; we would like to know we aren't stepping on toes, duplicating
existing efforts, etc. Before any of that we need the green-light from
here, and would also like to invite web-team participation in building a
maintainable and more universal kde.org network.

Thank you, and great work;
 - Ken Vermette