KDE.org Design - Update after Akademy BoF

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Wed Jul 29 19:15:32 UTC 2015

I've been following the discussion back and forth about what to do
about www.kde.org. I agree with the idea to move to a CMS as long as
we can make it so translators can use the workflow they have already
(or something similarly easy if it is required for some reason). I
think a good way forward would be to set up a new www.kde.org on a
different subdomain (maybe www-new.kde.org or something) with the
wanted CMS and migrate the existing content over (once the ui has been
designed by all you excellent VDG folks or maybe while?). Then once
all the content is in place on the new subdomain we simply switch it
to www.kde.org to make it live. Does that make sense, sound like a
good way forward, etc.?

BR,
Jeremy