[kde-doc-english] Kubuntu documentation

Niklas Laxström niklas.laxstrom at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 13:55:36 UTC 2013

Hi! I'm Niklas, developer of the Translate extension that UserBase uses.

2013/12/12 Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com>:
> Kubuntu users ARE KDE users, and most of our Kubuntu people are active
> directly in KDE too. One of my ulterior goals for using KDE infra for
> part of our work process is to get those who aren't working directly
> for KDE used to doing so.
>
> Well-translated docs helps us all.

Definitely agree.

> It is possibly true that we could install mediawiki on our Kubuntu.org
> server, and some of the guys want to do that. I think that without the
> excellent support of both the web-team AND the underlying sysadmin
> support, that wiki would slowly become a cesspit of spam.
>
> The Canonical sysadmins are rather remote and unresponsive. I doubt we
> could get them to do such a major install in less than months, if not
> years. Probably if we can't get KDE community buy-in, then we'll
> continue to limp along on moinmoin, and lack much translation.

To me it would seem waste of resources not to join with the UserBase,
which already has everything set up, can handle the spam and most
importantly: it has translators to help you and it needs more
translators which could come via your way.

Setting up MediaWiki is not a rocket science, but setting it up well
is not easy either and spam is a problem.

These are my own opinions only, since I don't manage KDE servers.
  -Niklas