kde forum data

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Aug 24 10:41:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 2:51 AM, Stuart Jarvis <jarvis at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi Stuart,

> I guess kde-ww is the right list to ask this. Please see the query below from
> one of our partners in the ALERT project*
>
> Any ideas why the RSS would be limited to post 89447?

Can't think of any particular reason off the top of my head - there is
certainly no deliberate constraint on getting RSS feeds of older
material.
However I can't say it was specifically designed to return older content.

It is likely they are striking a limit on the number of search results
returned (as the RSS feed is powered by our Sphinx search backend).
Could we have some details on how they are conducting the RSS feed
retrieval so I can debug why this is happening?

> I'm on this list, so no need to CC me in any reply.
>
> Cheers,
> Stu

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley