UserBase translation system issues

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri May 13 06:36:23 UTC 2011

On Thursday 12 May 2011 22:49:29 Zhao HAN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are some problems regarding to the UserBase translation system and
> translation support of mediawiki... I had talked it to neverendingo on IRC
> earlier, and came up a list of them as following.
>
> 1. footer not translated completely
> link:
> http://userbase.kde.org/Thread:Talk:Quick_Start/sidebar_link/reply_(2)
>
> 2. translations of language names
> link:
> http://userbase.kde.org/Thread:Talk:Welcome_to_KDE_UserBase/Chinese_languag
> e_name_translation_issues
>
> 3. translation progress info
> http://userbase.kde.org/Thread:Talk:Quick_Start/sidebar_link/reply_(3)
>
> 4. title bar not displaying translated title
> http://userbase.kde.org/Thread:Talk:Quick_Start/sidebar_link/reply_(4)
>
> 5. non-English category pages
> I think this one could be caused by the bug in the 4th problem.
> http://userbase.kde.org/Thread:Talk:Quick_Start/sidebar_link/reply_(13)
>
> It could be more non-English user friendly once we fix them...

I guess that the category page list needs to display the display-name, not the
page-name.  I don't know whether this is something we can fix or not.

The WebWorld2011 sprint is at the beginning of June, and I have noted these
issues for consideration.  We will try, that weekend, to sort out what we can
do about the problems.  As you know, some issues may be at mediawiki level, so
out of our scope.  We'll do what we can and let you know our findings.

Anne