spam on *base

Lukas 1lukas1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 21:29:10 UTC 2011

Hi Olaf,

AS any web developer would tell you, any browser older than 2 months is
outdated :D. Same as no java-script, html5, css3 support sounds like an evil
crime (if you had to work on patching for IE's, you would know what I'm
talking) :D

Back on the topic, for users without JS would still be able to edit as
registered users (500 error message could be replaced with something with
tips what happened).

For users accessibility issues, I know no reason to have JS disabled (e.g.
XSS can be done with CSS too), so with JS is should work as expected.
Otherwise, my patch should not change any behaviour for registered users.
Without the patch, only registered users would be able to edit, so in any
case nobody is in worse position.

I'll try to think, if it is possible to avoid JS, but its most likely such
patches might require touching the core, and that should be avoided.

Unless I'm missing something...

Cheers,
Lukas